Got the Mediocre Blogging Blues? Check these 7 Easy Tips Out.
Getting started with blogging can be a challenge. How do I reach my target market? Will they find my information useful? Am I doing this right? These are all thoughts that can be swirling around in that amazing entrepreneurial mind of yours when you first venture into the blogging world.
Blogging is an easy and very affordable method of marketing your business. I know it can seem overwhelming sometimes, especially if you don’t feel you have the writing chops to succeed. You won’t know if you can succeed, unless you start. A quote from a favorite movie comes to mind, “Do or Do Not, There is No Try.”-Yoda.
Although you may have gotten a chuckle out of me quoting Yoda, the quote holds weight. You can chose to either do something or chose not to, there is no try.
To help you chose to DO blogging, check out these 7 easy tips that can make getting started easier.
- Listen to your target audience: If they’re asking, they’re interested. Does the same topics keep coming up in your target audience groups? How about stuff your followers ask you about? A light should be going off right about now for you. Write about it.
- Send yourself emails: I know when I am surfing the web, I always find interesting topics to write about. If I don't save that article immediately-whoosh, right out the window. I swear, if I do not write things down, I always forget about it. My kids blame it on old age! To help you steer clear of that all too common syndrome, email it to yourself and then you won't have your kids telling you it's old age. Hahaha
- Talk about stuff you’re an expert on: You know your business inside and out. Write something that your target audience doesn’t know but would find interesting. Trust me, all these day to day tasks that I take for grant that everyone knows, they don't. You would be surprised at how many times my clients ask me how I do that, or how I knew that and it always makes me stop and think, "Wow, they don't know that?" No they don't smarty. That is why they have hired you to take care of that stuff for them. So yeah, all those little day to day tasks your clients ask about, write about it. You would be surprised at how much it could help them.
- Images and video are king: Did you know that videos have been shown to be 5X more productive in reaching new customers than traditional content alone and according to a study by Socialbakers.com, posts with images see the most engagement, accounting for a whopping 87$ of total interactions.
- Grabbed some info from a reliable source: If you found some great info from a reliable source, make sure to link to it (and give the author a heads up-they may share away with their tribe.) See what I did there? Hubspot is a great source for generating ideas and a well-known name with a huge following. Link away.
- Do some keyword research: Make sure the keyword you use is going to help generate the results you are looking for. I use Google Adwords Keyword Planner to research possible keywords and check the keyword neighborhood in Google search. If they don’t rank high and are not in the right neighborhood (complimentary articles), change up that keyword.
- Make sure to always add a strong CTA: Without it, what’s the use? Although it is nice for your audience to read your amazing blog post, if you want them to contact you for a complimentary consultation, or buy your best-selling novel, you need to tell them and the place to do that is in your call-to-action sentence at the end of your blog post. Do not miss this simple opportunity to help your audience make the next move.
Getting started with blogging can be a challenge but with these 7 easy tips, you will be on your way to blogging stardom. Still feel that you cannot do it, contact me and we can discuss how I can help you create and maintain a killer blog.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.