A Little Frazzled Over the Holidays? Get Less Stressed. 13 Time-Saving Tools for Your Business.
It’s that time of year again. You have a Million and 1 things to get done at home and still have to find the time to manage your business. Studies have shown that multi-tasking causes less efficiency and profitability. With that in mind, how can you get everything done while still remembering what is important during the holidays, your loved ones? Check out my list of time-saving tools that can help make your business a success while giving you the extra time with the family.
- Time Tracker/Invoicing Program: Although I have used a few different time trackers that include invoicing, I would have to say that Harvest is my favorite.
- Customer Relation Management: We all know how invaluable utilizing a CRM can be for your business. Some of the top dogs (in my humble opinion) are MailChimp, Aweber, Constant Contact, Infusionsoft, and HubSpot. They all vary greatly in features and pricing so do your homework and pick the one that fits your business best.
- Social Media Management: If you have not started using a Social Media Management Program yet, you have to start now. Consistency is key and these little guys make that happen so much easier. There are so many different programs as well as pricing points so instead of having a whole blog post on which ones are best, cheapest and easiest, I’m listing the two I like the best, Hootsuite and Buffer.
- Content Finder and Organization Tools: Need Ideas for Your Next Blog Post? Check out these programs that can give you writing ideas as well as organize them all into a nice, neat package:
- Drum UP is a great tool that you can use on your Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook page. Simply set it up to grab articles with your keywords, set your delivery preference and then receive an email with a whole slew of great articles that you schedule directly from Drum Up to your business pages. Bonus option, you can create your own content to send out as well.
- Google Alerts is another great tool that pulls articles with your selected keywords and emails them right to your inbox.
- Unroll.me is a great tool I just discovered thanks to some VA friends of mine. It connects to your email address, compiles a list of ALL your subscriptions, lets you pick and choose which ones to keep and which ones to unsubscribe from. After you have culled the list, you get an all-in-one email to scroll through and pick which ones you want to use. Nice, convenient and no dealing with a cluttered inbox again.
- Project Management Program: One of the hottest project management programs would have to be Evernote I think. However, I would have to say that my favorite project management programs are BaseCamp and Asana. There are plenty more out there but I have had the most luck with these two.
- Appointment Scheduler: Have you ever tried to schedule an appointment or call and you had numerous emails back and forth trying to find the perfect time for the both of you? Well, no more dealing with those time suckers. Start using an appointment scheduler like TimeTrade. Send them a link to your calendar via TimeTrade, receive an email with the appointment time and have it automatically added to your calendar. Another option which is great for scheduling group meetings is doodle.com.
- Document Sharing Programs: Ever take extra time trying to find a document in your email or on your computer because you cannot remember where you saved it? No worries over that when you use Dropbox or Google Docs to store and share documents. An added bonus to Google Docs is that you can create documents as well as sharing them with others.
- Password Keeper: So, just how many passwords do you have for your personal life as well as your business? A lot I bet. I know I sure do and in this day and age, we cannot be using the same password for all our accounts. A great way to protect your log-ins with a strong, unique password is to use a password keeper such as LastPass.
- All-In-One Program: I was recently introduced to an amazing new (beta) program that literally has all of your business needs in one dashboard. I know right? Unbelievable but very true. Check out the New Kajabi, an amazing all-in-one program for all your business needs. If it seems a little overwhelming or too daunting of a task, let’s chat. I am learning all the ins and outs of New Kajabi (NK) so I can help your business thrive.
- Image Editors: Have you ever had an image that you really wanted just the person or object in the forefront and none of the guck in the background? Well, we all know that we can use Photoshop, Word or any other number of programs but I recently found a great website called clippingmagic.com that is super easy to use. This is a must to check out, trust me.
- Email Scheduler: A great email scheduler I have found is boomeranggmail.com. It schedules, sends and sets email reminders for your gmail account. There are a few different options to choose from but I’d suggest using the free version (10 free messages per month) to start and then you can upgrade from there. All pricing is very reasonable.
I have used all of these tools, or my peeps have raved over them, so rest assured that these time-saving tools are a must this holiday season.
If after using all (or some) of these amazing time-saving tools, you still are not able to balance your work and home life, reach out. I would love to chat to see how I may be able to help you spend more time enjoying your life.
What time-saving tools are you going to use this holiday season (and beyond)? I would love to hear. Leave a comment below.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.